z80 Development Kit
You are not logged in.
The first in our regular cycles of z88dk has been released. This release contains changes that have been applied over the past two years, including a number of new platforms, changes to the core libraries to make compiled programs smaller and faster and a large number of other changes. The details that can be remembered are listed below:
* [sccz80] Bug fixes, tweaks to single parameter function pointer calls
* [z80asm] Z80asm supporting Rabbit
* [zcpp] End of file fix for win32
* [zcc] -Cz flag to pass through to appmake
* [appmake] Support for most z88dk targets
* [lib/crt0] Support for Newbrain, Rabbit, Sega Master System SMS, TS2068
* [lib] Much of the library rewritten to use FASTCALL and CALLEE linkage for faster and small library function calls
* [lib] malloc library can now allocate from a scattered map of available RAM and supports multiple heaps
* [lib] balloc library introduced as a block memory allocator
* [lib] interrupt mode 2 library added
* [lib] stdlib and strings now completely implemented in assembler and expanded
* [lib] abstract data types library introduced initially containing linked list, heap, stack and queue algorithms library begun initially containing an implementation of the A* search algorithm
* [lib] ZX Spectrum : ZX basic fcntl driver
* [lib] ZX Spectrum : SP1 software sprite engine added
* [lib] ZX Spectrum : Improved Spectrum library includes new display functions
* [lib] ZX Spectrum : Input library added for direct access to keyboard, joystick and mouse devices
A source package and a kit containing win32 binaries can be obtained from the sourceforge download page.
Enjoy, and special thanks to Alvin, Stefano for making this happen (not forgetting all the other contributors).
The next scheduled release is v1.8 on 13/1/2008, though there may be a bug fix release for 1.7 between now and then.