Lib3d example (ZX Spectrum) not compiling at all in z88dk (v1.99A)

Bug reports (if you don't/won't have a Github account)
Camtronic16

Lib3d example (ZX Spectrum) not compiling at all in z88dk (v1.99A)

Post by Camtronic16 »

Hello. :) I am interested in making a game on the ZX Spectrum. However, there is a bit of a problem with lib3d.
When I compile 'lib3d.c' (the example code) I get the following errors:
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 400: symbol 'ozcopyvector' not defined
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 407: symbol 'ozrotatepointx' not defined
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 414: symbol 'ozrotatepointy' not defined
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 436: symbol 'ozplotpoint' not defined
4 errors occurred during assembly
Key to filenames:
C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.o = lib3d.c
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 400: symbol 'ozcopyvector' not defined
^ ---- call ozcopyvector
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 407: symbol 'ozrotatepointx' not defined
^ ---- call ozrotatepointx
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 414: symbol 'ozrotatepointy' not defined
^ ---- call ozrotatepointy
Error at file 'C:\Users\camtr\AppData\Local\Temp\s2cc_.opt' line 436: symbol 'ozplotpoint' not defined
^ ---- call ozplotpoint
As you can see, the symbols 'ozcopyvector', 'ozrotatepointx', 'ozrotatepointy' and 'ozplotpoint' are seemingly missing.

Is there a fix for this? (Preferably without having to reinstall z88dk :P)
I am using z88dk V1.99A Win32 on my Windows 10 (64-bit) PC. Almost all of the examples seem to compile fine, with the exception of the ones that require lib3d.

Thanks in advance. :D
alvin
Well known member

Post by alvin »

It sounds like you may have forgotten to link against the lib3d library. Try adding "-llib3d" to the compile line and see if that solves the problem.

I'd still recommend grabbing the last nightly download in preference to the last release at sourceforge. z88dk is an active project and there have been quite a few changes since that release.

The last successful nightly build can be found here:
http://nightly.z88dk.org/

And some install instructions here:
http://www.z88dk.org/wiki/doku.php?id=t ... stallation

If you have a successful install already, you can get away with deleting your current z88dk tree and replacing with the z88dk tree from the nightly build. The path and environment variables will still work. The win32 package is complete and will contain all the current binaries too.
Camtronic16

Post by Camtronic16 »

Thank you, alvin. ;) That extra command switch worked. Oh, and I didn't realise that the environment variables don't need to be changed when z88dk is to be reinstalled, so thanks for that info. :cool: