Z88 DK Helper

Installing on windows
andydansby

Z88 DK Helper

Post by andydansby »

Announcing the Z88DK helper.

I have created a compile string helper for the Z88DK compiler. This program should be helpful to the beginner to Z88DK as well as the more seasoned programmer.

This program came about as I started using the Z88DK. I found myself asking how to use various options and was stumped at the large number of features. I found myself asking the same questions over. I though that a helper would come in handy for this.

What this program does is allow you to create a custom compiler string based on the many options found in the Z88DK compiler.

The program itself has two main options, Quick Start for creating a quick string or the more comprehensive List Wizard.

The Quick start, allows you to choose a target, and then has the 9 most commonly used options placed on a single screen for a fast output.

The List wizard, has 15 different sections, each of which have a number of compiling options. Each section has grouped features. Taking you from beginning to end.

This program should be able to help through just about any scenario, but it is difficult to cover everything as the Z88DK is a complex program. Hopefully, most scenarios are covered.

A PDF of the program usage has also been written. Suggestion to the PDF are welcome.

I did not create this particular application in a vacuum. I did have many helpful suggestions from Alvin who also beta tested the software. He wrote pages of helpful suggestions that made this program successful. I doubt I would have gotten the far this fast without his help.

Suggestions to help me improve the program are welcome. This program will be open source and of course freeware. I don't have any license on the program and it is just open for all to see. I will publish the program on my github account for all to see once I clean up the program a bit and place more comments in the source. Of course, there is no warranty with this program.

I hope you enjoy.

The Download links are
The PDF document https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U1AO ... sp=sharing

The Z88DK helper program https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8U1AO ... sp=sharing

Thank you

Andy Dansby
berk

Post by berk »

Hello Andy,

it is quite good to have such helper. But it would be really great if you made plugin for integration with some IDE (Visual Studio, Eclipse or NetBeans).

Jarda
andydansby

Post by andydansby »

berk wrote:Hello Andy,

it is quite good to have such helper. But it would be really great if you made plugin for integration with some IDE (Visual Studio, Eclipse or NetBeans).

Jarda
Way beyond my level of expertise.

I wrote this because I wanted a quicker way to come up with compile strings, without having to ask.

Andy Dansby