How to contribute to the github repo?

Other misc things
tstih

How to contribute to the github repo?

Post by tstih »

Hi,
I'd like to contribute one or two new ports -- for vintage Slovenian (Yugoslav) computers
Iskra Delta Partner and Gorenje Dialog. I read the read me file about retargeting, but the files
do not describe the submission procedure.
Should I
1) create a fork of the repo, then create a new branch in the new fork and, finally, do a pull request to the original repo OR
2) create a branch on the original repo, upload it when done, and create a pull request.
Which is the correct way?
Thank you,
Tom
dom
Well known member

Re: How to contribute to the github repo?

Post by dom »

I've not heard out those machines, so that's really exciting.

The correct route is option 1.
RobertK
Well known member

Post by RobertK »

@tstih: I already wanted to point Dom and Stefano to your work, having recently discovered your idp-dev and the Delta Partner emulator with its specatcular background sound:
http://matejhorvat.si/sl/slorac/delta/partner/index.htm

I think the first step would be adding the Delta Partner disk format to CP/M appmake, see this thread:
viewtopic.php?t=10283

P.S. It would be fantastic if you could one day add highres graphics support for the Iskra Graphic Partner, although I fear there is no emulator for that machine yet?
tstih

Post by tstih »

Thank you for the instructions, I will fork it and create the Partner and the Dialog branches. The existing Iskra Delta Partner emulator is actually a GDP model (it does emulate the text chip and the graphics chip), and there is an effort underway to support it on MAME too.
tstih

Post by tstih »

Good evening.

As advised I created my own repository with a special branch ( https://github.com/tstih/z88dk/tree/partner ), and a pull request. At present I'm using standard CP/M libraries to compile a program and modified Now I'm going to create a new target. I saw a great thread in the forum about creating own target and I'll join there.

To create Iskra Delta Partner programs, do the following:

1. Create hello.c

#include <stdio.h>

int main() {
printf("Hello world!");
return 0;
}

2. Compile as CP/M program

zcc +cpm -o hello.com hello.c

3. Create a partner compatible disk with appmake

z88dk-appmake +cpmdisk -f idpfdd --container raw -b hello.com

The hello.img will be exactly 672768 bytes and can be attached to the Partner emulator.

Now I'm moving this mini project to another thread: viewtopic.php?t=11738

Sincerely,
Tom