Arkos Tracker 2 in z88dk

jorgegv
Well known member

Re: Arkos Tracker 2 in z88dk

Post by jorgegv »

For those interested, @Dom just merged Arkos tracker support for Classic in z88dk. There is also a tool for converting Arkos songs and sound efffects to asm files that you can compile and use, and examples of use for ZX and MSX in RAM and ROM mode.

See support/arkos directory and file include/arkos.h as a reference, and check the examples under directory libsrc/psg/ay/examples/arkos.

Support is Classic-only for the moment, I'm working on supporting it on Newlib.
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

I've tweaked the arkos setup slightly so that "things just work" for ROM compilations and also added +cpc support.

The examples have been moved into examples/sound/arkos to sit alongside the wyz and vt2 tracker examples.

There's a wiki page: https://github.com/z88dk/z88dk/wiki/Cla ... kos-Player which I'd welcome updates on if it's wrong

Many, many thanks to @jorgegv for going through the pain of figuring out the conversion, automating it and raising the PR
jorgegv
Well known member

Post by jorgegv »

I just fixed a title on the Wiki page and also I added that the 'ply_akg_play()' function must be called with interrupts disabled (it plays tricks with the stack).
jorgegv
Well known member

Post by jorgegv »

Support for Arkos in Newlib has been merged (+zx and +zxn targets)