Zingularity: a vscode Z80 extensions

Discussion about other targets
obiwanjacobi

Zingularity: a vscode Z80 extensions

Post by obiwanjacobi »

I have been working (on and off) on a vscode extension for writing Z80 assembly (in the context of the z88dk).
It is slowly becoming useful, so I thought I would give a heads up.

I welcome suggestions and feature requests and bug reports of course. Just go to the github repo and fill out an issue.

I hope you will give this a try (and like it).

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/it ... ingularity
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

I've just installed it - that's really quite nice.

Is there a way to get cycle count in a gutter or have it calculate it for a selection?

It looks like there's a few parsing issues when I load up libsrc/stdio/asm_printf.asm - I expect them for the non-z80 code, but valid z80 instructions are failing as well.
obiwanjacobi

Post by obiwanjacobi »

Thanks for trying it out.

I have not yet found a good way to inject the gutters. To work-around this, you can configure 'zingularity.formatter.printBytes' and/or 'zingularity.formatter.printCycles' to 'true' (settings.json in the .vscode folder of your project) and reformat the code (Shift-Alt-F). This will print the bytes/cycles as comments. Best I could do at this point -and I needed the feature myself ;-)

I see I do not support index offset with a minus sign (IX-2) only (IX+2). That is a bug.
I also still need to make 'A' optional for instructions that act on the accumulator. I have taken a strict approach here and instructions like 'xor b' should be written as 'xor a, b'
I see CP A, '%' does not fix it, though - needs investigation.
obiwanjacobi

Post by obiwanjacobi »

Yep, small bugs in the parsing grammar. Fixed now, will be in the next release.
Turns out I had already made A optional in accumulator instructions.
obiwanjacobi

Post by obiwanjacobi »

FYI: grammar (and syntax coloring) fixes are released v0.0.8.