z88dk v1.9 released

Announcements for z88dk releases
dom
Well known member

z88dk v1.9 released

Post by dom »

I think it's time we did this, so there's a new snapshot 1.9 of z88dk uploaded to Sourceforge. There's quite a few bug fixes in this release, there's quite a few changes, mostly improvements and bug fixes:

- [z80asm] Supports -I and -L directives to specify library and include paths
- [z80asm] the # include identify is no longer required
- [z80asm] Bug fixes for rabbit support
- [sccz80] Support for alternate assemblers
- [zcc] Support for alternate assembler/linkers
- [z80nm] Improvements and bug fixes
- [lib] MSX: Many improvements including lib32
- [lib] TRS80: New target
- [lib] Galaksija: New target
- [lib] CPC: Better handling of firmware calls and graphics support
- [lib] C128: Improvements
- [lib] strlcat and strlcpy are now available
- [lib] Many other improvements and bug fixes

...and probably a lot more things that I've forgotten.

As usual, documentation of the features supported by the various targets can be found on the wiki (http://www.z88dk.org/wiki)
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

The windows zipfile has been rebuilt to fix a couple of issues that Mochilote has raised.

The old download has been deleted and the new one has a different name so as to avoid confusion.
hindu

Post by hindu »

Announcements This topic is forum posting very quite..........................
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

That's way we can't resist by adding new features day by day so our offcial releases are rare :)
Linux supporters noticed it and use to freeze a snapshot for their package releases.
You could get the latest nigtly snapshot, which in this moment is in a quite healthy state... ot it is the Windows installer you miss ? :P
Timmy
Well known member

Post by Timmy »

I understand that you want to add new features daily so there are no new official frozen versions anymore.

On the other hand, having no official releases means that I have very little reasons to write my code beyond 1.9. I can never be sure if I, or other people can (re)use the code some time later.

Trying to introduce z88dk to new people is also much more difficult. I've shared a z88dk/sp1 demo program before on the WoS forum. Getting other people to try it by asking them to download and install z88dk and sp1 turned out to be a nightmare.

Note that I'm not asking any of you to do a new release or a new install executable. I'm very happy with 1.9, and the newer features won't offset the experience of installing and up-keeping of a moving version.

Thank you for reading.
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

> ..there are no new official frozen versions anymore
Never say never ;)

It is a bit scary but nice to know that someone is expecting quality and stability besides the new features (well, it is even nice just to see that people is using z88dk).
Thank *you* for your opinion and suggestions.