Newbie here, having very bad issues

Amstrad CPC and NC systems
praetoriaen

Newbie here, having very bad issues

Post by praetoriaen »

Hello forum, so I installed z88dk on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx) because I need a good cross compiler for my project. Anyway, I made a simple helloworld.c :

Code: Select all

#include <stdio.h>

void main(void)
{
        printf("hello");

}
and then I tried to assemble it using the command which I got from target machines CPC here at z88dk:

zcc +cpc -lcpcfs -lmz -create-app -o program helloworld.c
In the end, it refuses to assemble. I'm posting a full report underneath:

cp /usr/share/z88dk/lib/cpc_crt0.opt /tmp/tmpXXOEaIkY.opt
cp /tmp/tmpXXOEaIkY.opt /tmp/tmpXXOEaIkY.asm
z88dk-zcpp -I. -DZ80 -DSMALL_C -DCPC -D__CPC__ -DSCCZ80 -D__NATIVE_MATH__ -I/usr/share/z88dk/include  helloworld.c /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.i
z88dk-sccz80    -//  /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.i
z88dk-copt /usr/share/z88dk/lib/z80rules.2 < /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.asm > /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.op1
z88dk-copt /usr/share/z88dk/lib/z80rules.1 < /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.op1 > /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.opt
z88dk-z80asm -eopt -ns -Mo /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.opt
z88dk-z80asm -a -m -Mo -oprogram -i/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpc_math  -i/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpcfs  -i/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpc_clib  -i/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/z80_crt0  /tmp/tmpXXOEaIkY.opt /tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.o
5 errors occurred during assembly
Key to filenames:
/tmp/tmpXX8qcoZK.o = helloworld.c
File '/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpcfs.lib', Module 'CPC_CLOSEIN', Symbol not defined
Error in expression FIRMWARE

File '/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpcfs.lib', Module 'CPC_CLOSEOUT', Symbol not defined

File '/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpc_clib.lib', Module 'FPUTC_CONS', Symbol not defined

File '/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpc_clib.lib', Module 'FPUTC_CONS', Symbol not defined

File '/usr/share/z88dk/lib/clibs/cpcfs.lib', Module 'WRITEBYTE', Symbol not defined
Can someone help me? I really need help I tried everything, from reinstalling z88dk to rewriting the code. Thank you in advance ;)
dom
Well known member

Post by dom »

Nice to have new member who's not a lawyer from Miami! I never ceased to be amazed by how interested they are in z80 development :) Welome!

I've not tried the ubuntu packages, and I'm not sure how up-to-date they are but this looks like one of the core library routines isn't being linked in which is a tad odd.

I would recommend that you uninstall it and switch to running a nightly build which will be more recent and have more bugs fixed that the ubuntu release.

I know this is a bit of a cop out, but I've not get a Lucid machine to try it out on I'm afraid.
praetorian.rulzz

Post by praetorian.rulzz »

Praetoriaen here( I forgot my password, and I used 10 minute mail to register xD ), thank you very much gonna try your suggestion :)
stefano
Well known member

Post by stefano »

I see this thread became sort of an escalated claim in 'ubuntu', but I think they're mixing up two different problems..
Here (https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/z88dk) they claim they have a bug but they just need to include the 'ndos' lib to get hello.c working.
What it really means is that we have up to 15 file capable target platforms :cool: